Top Reasons For Rhinoplasty Surgery
What is Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Rhinoplasty, also known as nose reshaping surgery, is performed to improve the look and function of a patient’s nose. Depending on the patient’s need, the surgeon can reshape and resize a person’s nose so it is more proportional with the rest of the face. Just by changing the nose slightly, patients notice an overall improvement to their appearance.
There are three main types of rhinoplasty surgery, including:
• Open Rhinoplasty – This procedure is usually reserved for more extensive reshaping. The surgeon will make a small incision under the nasal tip between the nostrils which provides more complete access to the nasal structures where the surgeon can sculpt the nose into the desired shape.
• Closed Rhinoplasty – This procedure is typically reserved for minor adjustments. The surgeon will make incisions inside the nostril which has the added benefit of leaving no visible scarring.
• Tiplasty – This procedure, also known as tip rhinoplasty, involves reshaping the nasal tip only. This means the procedure would not affect the other nasal structures.
Your plastic surgeon can help you determine which option best suits your unique needs. No matter which you choose, you will enjoy a more natural and proportioned nose.
What Are the Top Reasons for Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Both men and women of all ages can greatly benefit from rhinoplasty surgery. In fact, rhinoplasty was the second most popular type of plastic surgery in 2013. According to the 2013 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, 221,000 rhinoplasty surgeries were performed in 2013.
There are many reasons why an individual would want nose reshaping, or a nose job. Sometimes it is for cosmetic reasons while other times it could be medically necessary. Here are some of the top reasons patients undergo rhinoplasty surgery:
• Smoothing a prominent bump on the nose’s bridge
• Correcting breathing problems
• Straightening a crooked nose
• Reducing the length of the nasal tip
• Refining the size of the nasal tip
• Narrowing a nose that is too wide to fit the proportions of the face
• Reducing the size of the nose
• Restoring symmetry to the nose after an injury
There are many reasons why you may want to undergo rhinoplasty surgery. If you are interested in what this procedure could do for you, speak with Dr. Sadati today. As a recognized expert in his field, Dr. Sadati has experience helping hundreds of patients who want a new look for their nose. When you are considering making a change to your face, trust the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Newport Beach by consulting with Dr. Sadati.
Leave A Comment
*Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person. All "Before and After" Images are patients of Dr. Sadati. Other Images may contain models. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal medical advice nor the formation of a doctor/patient relationship.